Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rambling

Spring came and went - but they say summer will be here this weekend! Last Saturday the girls showered me with flowers for my garden - which we planted - some of which froze last night - so goes the weather in Central Oregon! You just never know what to expect. The Geek was on a big hiking adventure - so not here - but he also sent flowers - what a nice boy. All in all Mother's day was about flowers and enjoying the company of my family! The next day my sister was here on her way home from picking up one of her college girls in California - it snowed over the pass when they left here!

I have been knitting (it's not warm enough to really get into my usual summer reading program yet - but I am stocked up in anticipation). This great yarn was gifted me by Roxie - and I made up the pattern as I went along....like them!
Weekend before last was Mom's Weekend at Linfield - I went over to see College Girl. (Once again the weather did not cooperate - imagine rain, wind, cold - watching a powder puff football game between the Sororities) We still had a lot of fun - went to the LYS and picked out a sweater for me to knit for her. Next year is her big year - starts Nursing School - she is super excited. The campus is at Good Samaritan Hospital - located in the hipest neighborhood in Portland - The Pearl. She will have a blast - but will be working very hard - it's a tough program.

REI Girl and I are going on a road trip this Sunday - haven't figured out where yet - Weatherman says it will be in the 80's....we might need a water site! Am looking forward to getting away for the day. The past weeks at work have been like a bumper car - I don't know what's going to happen from one minute to the next. So far I'm employeed until the end of May - after that - who knows! I'm optimistic as usual.

Recovery is of course progressing but not as I'd like. Reached for something without thinking today - ouch! So decided to get with a Physical Therapist next week to see if I can progress faster. Weight Watchers isn't progressing fast enough either - slow but steady will get me there I guess. Need to walk more (it's a weather thing).

Here's to the possibility of Spring coming, soon?

1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You've been doing some fine knitting lately.... I've done lot's of "start up" knitting myself. Maybe I'll finish a few at one time soon. Just haven't kept my mind on one thing at a time.

Hope you'll be feeling real good soon. Bill is just now walking on his own around the house, but using a walker outside. No wheel chair anymore. Yayee!!