Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Knitting Group

I went to a new Knitting Group tonight and had a blast....not only because of the knitting but I also met up with an old friend - all because of Raverly - where I checked out other knitters from my area and then stumbled on the knitting group that had just formed. Then I commented on a sweater I liked that was in a Raverly users project list - she replied and it turns out I used to work with her years ago....and she was at the group tonight. Knitting does stitch us together!!
The group is a great mix of young and old, experienced and learning knitters. We enjoyed a glass of wine and shared our projects. Wow I was very impressed. Beautiful and creative - very inspiring. I wore my Forest Canopy Shawl and got lots of compliments. I got to see the latest sock and yarn from the STR sock club - oh my gosh it is beautiful. Don't know the color name - but it's a must have if they every make it available. There were lots of really cute baby sweaters, a spectacular shawl, cute hats, wonderful scarves and really nice ladies!
All in all I had a great time and can't wait to go next week.

1 comment:

High Desert Museum said...

We're so glad you found us! See you next time, Melissa