Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The End

Actually - Finishing!! I've decided that I'm not going to the Black Sheep Gathering or the Oregon Flock and Fiber - I'm going to The Knitting Guild of American Fall show instead and I'm taking a "Finishing" class from Nancy Wiseman!!! I am so excited to do this - finishing is the thing I need to do better - really better - and this will be the perfect class for me. The show will be fun because all the usual vendors will be there (but I don't see Blue Moon listed yet). So instead of saving my fiber dollars for stash enhancement - it's going to technique enhancement - a good investment I figure. Since each of these Fiber extravaganzas is a $75 drive - only one is reasonable!!

I actually have 'finished' something - the hat to this set. Into the gift stash it goes - actually I'm planning on giving to my niece who will be going to college in Minnesota next fall. Her birthday is the first day of classes - so this is perfect!!

Mother's Day with kids was wonderful (of course!), job is great, weather is improving (90 this weekend), garden will be planted! Life is good.

4 comments:

Pat K said...

love the set -- very nice. You are lucky to be able to get away and take a good class. Learn lots!

High Desert Museum said...

Are you going to stay over Sat. night? There's a class I want to take Sat. afternoon and Sunday morning. I hate to think of both of us driving up separately!

kathy b said...

Great gift. My sister and her hubby are Vets at the Vet school at U of Minn. Your neice will get lots of use with those.

Fun to see the monkey face

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Nice to hear from you! Your niece is getting wonderful present. Here was quite warm also today. I was already bored for coldness so I like it!