Friday, May 11, 2007

I do so knit....

I do knit - really. I'm almost finished with the first front of the Celtic Cardigan - remember that? - started it maybe last year! But I am really working on it - when I haven't fallen asleep in my chair. So what am I really doing...besides working of course.....

This is only about half of what I've got to plant - then there is the vegtable garden - at least I have all the plants and the seeds. Now I just have to til it up!


I am going to finish this weekend. I am going to sit and do nothing on Mother's Day - I might knit. And I might not.....I miss my mom.


It hasn't been a great week - my sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer - but it's the non invasive kind and it's very very small - she's young and healthy - she'll be fine. But we've been down this road before (my Mom died of Breast Cancer) so it's still very scary - but I'm the Pollyanna type - so I'm convinced she'll be just fine! I'm not going anywhere else with those thoughts!
(Yes my annual mammogram is scheduled for June-I didn't forget!)
So all you who haven't - get a mammogram on a regular basis!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommys - aren't they wonderful!!

3 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Pretty flowers. I wish your sister a speedly recovery. I'm glad she could it early.

roxie said...

Blessings on your sis, and on you as well. You might want to take a minute or so on Mother's Day and write down a memory of your mom. Something you can share with kids and grandkids. You'll find she is as close as your heart.

knitseashore said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister but it sounds like she has the best diagnosis for treatment.

I hope you had a relaxing M-day. Your flowers look so pretty!