Sunday, January 18, 2009

Picking up the needles

So today I picked up my knitting needles...so I must be better! Actually I am, although sore and stiff. I'm hoping knitting will work a few of the kinks out!
The surgery went well - guess what - I don't have Breast Cancer any more!!! TOTALLY COOL! I'm hopping to be back to full schedule in a week or so - but I have to admit that my expectations were higher than the reality. So it will be just one step at a time. Lucky me I have lots of knitting opportunities. My Redmond Stitch and B*tch group decorated a bouquet of flowers with beautiful sock yarn and rosewood needles, my sister who is coming tomorrow is bringing sock requests from her daughters and of course I've got more stash to explore - so there will be plenty of knitting happening.
Hopefully I can update the latest accomplishments and books read. Just haven't had time to upload the pictures - soon.
Once again - all my dear friends - thank you all for your support and good thoughts. This isn't a journey I'd wish on anyone - but the experience contained a gift I never imagined - I truely did not know I had so many caring friends - and I appreciate you all more than you can know. Your words of encouragement and support kept the blues away and the hope so necessary during this journey. Thank you all!

1 comment:

roxie said...

Blessings and joy to you! No cancer! Yayyyy!!! A return to knitting? Yayyyy!! To have a friend, you have to be a friend. If you have awesome friends, it's because you have been an awesome friend. Heal fast, you awesome woman!