Sunday, February 01, 2015

Redo, Recycle, Reuse

I started Woodbine in December 2013. Ripped it out once because it was way too big, went down a size and it was still too big. Put it away for other projects including the marathon Christmas knitting. Picked it up again and got to the sleeves and finally decided it wasn't going to work for me. Bummer.

Out comes my favorite and most appreciated knitting tool - my swift and ball winder. Wound onto the swift directly from the uncompleted sweater.



Tried to feel for the joins - missed one huge one so ended up with 3 regular skeins and one huge one!!


Soaked well in warm water and hung to dry with a weight to pull out the kinks.

Worked great!! Now I have beautiful yarn already again for the next project - Edin. After a few stupid errors in getting the back neck piece correct - I'm on a roll.


Still need to figure out where to put some extra length in the back using short rows. My sweaters all seem to ride up in the back. One tutorial said to put them before the end of the yoke - starting just before the front raglan - more investigation is needed. 

Happy Super Bowl Sunday - Go Hawks! 

No comments: