Sunday, June 10, 2007

Two naps a day


I am exhausted - took two naps today! Graduation was wonderful as you can see in the previous post! Marianne's speech was by far the best - everyone said so! My family was all here and we had a lot of fun together. The gods where shinning on us - Friday was the only nice day of the week - so the picnic was outside, the flowers where blooming and the wind and rain went away. We celebrated Marianne and had a great time. The graduation ceremony was wonderful - I did shed a few tears - I can't believe it's the last one.

Of course yesterday we had to go out and start spending some of her gifts - you know - dorm stuff. It was fun. I had gotten so frustrated with my camera during the celebration - I had to pose every picture because it's so slow - that I bought myself a new camera. Shopping is good.

Today I've been trying to get my knitting mojo back. I've got three projects on the needles - the Celtic Cardigan (Still!) - these great socks - I'm half way down the cuff of the second one. I've

also started my Sockapalooza socks - not enough to show yet - but a pretty green hand-dyed that I picked up recently. More to follow.

This was also the Portland Rose Festival Parade - we often go up for the weekend. Next year maybe. But the recent rose additions in our house make good picture practice. This first rose was a gift plant from my ex husbands girl friend to me - it brought me to tears - she said she had been through the last graduation too and remembered what it was like for her. This was the second time she brought me tears. During the graduation ceremony - we were sitting at opposite ends of the row - and she offered to trade places with me so I could see better. My ex is fortunate - she is a really nice lady. I hope she can put up with him! If circumstances were different - we might be friends. Weird.

This second rose is from the bouquet I gave Marianne after graduation. The house smells so good - they were still almost buds on Friday and they've really opened up since then.

The big kids are on a backpacking trip in the Trinity Alps in Northern California - they left early Saturday morning - it was so fun watching them pack and repack and repack and repack thier backpacks - each trying to weigh less than the other - who has the coolest gear. It was like listening to knitters gab! REI techno-speak!

This will be a busy week - lots of planning meetings on new development project - the final land use hearing is week after. Last two days in Camp Sherman - lots to do there. My sister's surgery is on Friday and I will be going up to look after her when she gets home from the hospital on the following Tuesday - then at the end of that week is Black Sheep!!! I better have my mojo back by then!!







3 comments:

roxie said...

Well, your ex obviously has a knack for attracting classy women. And how wonderful that your kids all like going hiking together!

Omigosh, is this quilt show week in Sisters?Good luck driving to Camp Sherman!

sounds as if you earned your naps. Have a few more when you can. Naps are our friends!!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

My X is on his 2nd wife since me ... so he certainly isn't as lucky as yours ;-)

Oh I love the sock and the FLOWERS. Beautiful show! [including the flower standing next to you] Congratulations on a job well done!

Pat K said...

Congratulations to the graduate! And what beautiful flower pictures!