Saturday, June 14, 2008

WW Knit in Public



What a great way to spend a birthday! Sitting in the park knitting with friends! I can't believe we actually have sunshine that Central Oregon is known for...it was gorgeous! Drake Park is Bend's signature park - on all the visitor brochures you see. It really is lovely. Today filled with people out enjoying the lovely day. We got a big kick out of the man who asked us who was the best knitter....we figured it had something to do with the biggest needles....We decided next time to all point to each other! I've really enjoyed getting to know these ladies, I've been so busy these past years getting to know my kids - now it's my time and I'm thrilled to be part of this group!

Since the knitting group has been doing an Entralec together there were a lot of those being worked on - some even finished. They are beautiful. Mine is coming along slowly (I've been reading a lot recently). I'm hoping I have enough yarn to make it the size I want - I got 11 skeins...we'll just have to see.

Well I'm off to work in the garden - hurray! Happy Birthday to the Yarn Harlot - it's her day too!!

4 comments:

roxie said...

Happy, happy birthday! What a splendid way to celebrate!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Happy Birthday! Knitting is the best way to celebrate in my book.

PJ said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Julie! I'm so disappointed I had to miss the WWKIP event, but am glad the weather cooperated for everyone. What a great way to spend your birthday (and Flag Day, to boot! :-) Hope to see you at a knit-up soon. Polly

Anonymous said...

11 skeins! I had no idea you were making a suitcase... ;)