Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm into Hats!!

I'm liking knitting hats!!

Primarily because I'm stuck on other projects. I finished blocking my Girl Friday - picked up stitches for the collar and wide front band as instructed - 2 for every 3 - but it just didn't work out - wished I'd taken a picture before I ripped it out. The first and last stitch at the bottom of the front bands were picked up at the last possible stitch - yet the bands are shorter than the front pieces....so I'll try again. I must finish this as I found the best button ever! Pictures I promise.

Wednesday is book club and I'm making split pea soup with a honey ham bone - yum! Perfect for the wet and windy weather we're having. I get to pick the book for next time and I can't decide. I had planned to suggest "River House" - local author, local story, but I started it early and just finished it. Now I've have started "Loving Frank" - about Frank Lloyd Wright and his love affair with a married woman. Fascinating story...kinda sad. We'll have to vote. Both are good and interesting.

Speaking of weather - I heard on the news tonight that the Sandy River has changed it's course near where I vacationed in November....it washed out a major road (which we drove on) and about 50 homes are stranded! Not exactly where I was - but pretty close. That would be scary to say the least!

Hope everyone is safe, warm and dry....

3 comments:

roxie said...

Awesome hat! Hats are like potato chips. You can't stop with just one. They are relatively quick, easy to fit, and sooo satisfying!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love hats too. I have a box next to my door filled with hats & mittens for me to pick out a different one to wear just about every day. Stay warm & dry.

Anonymous said...

Mom, I heard the river completely washed out three homes in the last few days and that they're going to have to completely re-route the river and dig a new path in order to fix the roads... ridiculous!