Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Had to share

I had to share this story - although I'm sure most of you will be in tears.
Middle daughter is part of a Sparrow Club - where they adopt a local child in need. This young man was the schools Sparrow last year. In the past few days his family was told he only will live another few weeks. His wish has always been to graduate from High School - so tonight they are holding a special graduation ceremony for him - community leaders, family, classmates - the works.
I can't imagine the agony that he and his family are going through. But what a wonderful thing the High School is doing. Knowing this community, the auditorium will be packed. My heart goes out to them all.

1 comment:

roxie said...

What a dear heart your daughter is. YOu must be so proud of her. Michael is in my prayers.