Sunday, January 08, 2006

Shopping


Well I went to my LYS yesterday with the intention of purchasing yarn for three projects - two scarves and a sweater - found the yarn for both scarves. This one is for a Feburary Birthday and the other I got is for me. Both from Scarf Style.
I also picked out a pattern that I've always wanted to do - the Celtic sweater from Oat Couture. But could I find the right yarn - no.....this LYS never seems to have enough - they have tons of different yarns, but never enough of one kind. It's a beautiful store with hundreds of yarns, just not enough of one kind for an large or extra large sweater. Of course I feel uncomfortable going around writing down what I like so I can order it on-line, but what else do I do?
We do have another LYS - but I ran out of time to run by there.
So my plan to splurge my bonus on stash was not totally successful - but it was fun.
I did pick up the Denise needles - so far so good. I do wish the points were a little longer - k2tog is challenging - maybe it's just this mohair yarn - we'll see.

Woke up this morning to snow again - yea - except for daughter M2 is driving home over the pass today and there is lots of snow there. Does she have chains? Can't remember - oh well another day to spend worrying.

ttfn

2 comments:

Pat K said...

Looks like a great project. And yarn is a good thing to have around when you're worrying about the kids.

From one whose been there more times than we can count...

Annie said...

Hi Julie, I saw you on Pat's blog and came by to see. I LOVE that yarn. Never heard of it -- we don't have it at the LYS where I work. I'll have to look it up! Perfect with that scarf pattern. And on the Celtic Sweater? I really like that pattern. Well written and clear as theirs often are. I too have "trouble" knitting an extra large size for myself. Seems to go on forever! I guess I could remedy that situation, but...Anyway, I hope the pass-daughter-driving thing turns out ok. I'm with Pat -- yarn is good to worry over.