Saturday, January 27, 2007

Remember this....
Well now it's this...

I just wasn't liking the first one - so out it went. I've learned a big lesson with this one - never knit stranded unless you are knitting in the round - I just can't do a nice edge (nice enough for sewing seams) going back and forth....they don't look bad - but they don't look good either - too messy. How do you turn and not have too much yarn that your were carrying? I did do the sleeves in the round - wish I'd done the whole thing that way - better to do raglan sleeves too - so much easier. The sleeve seams do look good. I had a ton of ends to deal with too and I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn - but had just enough. Sweater is more toddler than baby size - but it will be great for next fall-winter. Speaking of which - winter was over here...we had a few great days. I was planning on a good walk on Thursday but put it off because I had work for my second job. Then Friday we had freezing fog - it's still here - go away...I was really enjoying the sunshine. And really looking forward to a good walk with the dog on the Deschutes, we have a favorite spot that is a short but perfect walk.
Since it looks like I'm not walking tomorrow either, I'm getting the paint brush out. The finish carpenter was here on Friday - cleaning up the mess the tile guy left in November. He laid a nice oak strip between the new tile and the old carpet - looks great. And he did a project that involved building a new wall to cover up the raw heating duct that had been gracing the entry way for the last 10 years. So tomorrow I get to repaint. Then my little remodel will be finished. I ran out of money before the new refrigerator found it's way to my kitchen - but I still am pleased with the results.
Since painting will not take up the entire day - I also hope to reorganize my knitting storage corner - I've got too much stuff just lying around. You know - patterns open, books open, yarn boxes open - etc. While I'm there I'll look for another stash busting project...I've got a niece who could use a IPod cover for her upcoming birthday - or maybe a pirate hat if I can find the right colors.
Oh yes - I've still got two scarves, a sweater and a pair of socks for me on the needles. Maybe I'll get to one of them too - you just never know what Sunday may bring. I actually have paid work to do also - darn I forgot about that!

3 comments:

roxie said...

That sweater is beautiful! Bravo! You got it done in jig time, too. Lucky, lucky toddler.

This has definitely been the winter when you should seize the day. In fact, seize the minute. If it looks nice enough to go for a walk, let the housework wait, because the clouds will blow in before you know it! I've been a slug all winter, waiting for a sunny day to arrive on my schedule.

Pat K said...

Your colorwork looks great. And I'm with Roxie, go for a walk when you can. Everything else can wait. Most of it indefinitely!!

Willow said...

Beautiful sweater. I took my breath away! The snow flakes are stunning--in the sweater of course. On the ground making it too slippery to walk--no.