Saturday, September 08, 2007

Oh Baby....Help!

Well it finally happened...there is a grandchild on the way in my group of friends (NO NOT MINE!) This is a pretty momentous event. Grandma and Grandpa (oh my gosh!) have been a great friends for years and her eldest daughter is expecting in February - so I have lots of time. But as is my way - I have spent the last 4 hours searching for the perfect baby sweater pattern...of course I've got Baby Surprise on its way. But am thinking something more heirloom like. Maybe in some Mission Falls colors with a Log Cabin Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting to match? Don't know if it's a Boy or Girl - but don't want the traditional white, pink or blue - something more earthy I'm thinking. Babies like color!
I know I saw something in the last few months on someones blog that I really liked...colorful, interesting....and now I can't find if for the life of me. I'm also liking the Cardians for Clark and Lily from AlterKNITS

But this isn't quite baby enough. There are all those cute Dale of Norway patterns too.....I'm going to make a trip to the LYS and check patterns out - are they open on Sunday? Already went to the library - but someone else had beat me to all the knitting for baby books except for Knitting for Baby!

The trouble with today is I "Looked" at all my knitting books and magazines and the hundreds of pages I've printed off the net (You know - in case I forget where I saw it - there is just not enough time in my lifetime to knit all the things I liked- I had no idea I had so many sock patterns....what's going to happen when more Grandchildren come my way. Instead of looking a drooling I better get started knitting!

3 comments:

Joan said...

Would it be the cardigan done in Dream in Color yarn shown on the Yarn Harlot's site? That's a good one.

Pat K said...

No time like the present to start getting ahead on knitting the baby gifts!

roxie said...

Is it anyone I know? I like to give a big blankie, because it doesn't get outgrown in two months. Make it soft and washable and not too pastel, and it may even go off to college with the kid. I also give a "Beater" quilt for a 2nd birthday present.
This is the quilt you can drag into the yard, throw on the floor, use for a tent . . . I piece the top, use a flannel sheet for the back, double the batting, and tie rather than quilt it. All the great nieces and nephews are hapy, happy with them.