Thursday, September 06, 2007

Strolling through






These lovely gentlemen have been hanging out at the neighbors off and on the past few days. Neighbors came home one afternoon and didn't even notice them snoozing in their front yard. The bucks don't seem to be wary of much - they stayed put while cars were unloaded etc. Neighborhood pets?


Since finishing my Forest Canopy Shawl (Which I'm still in love with) have also finished one sock...am liking these too. I'm really liking the TOFUtsies sock yarn - it is really soft. As I think I mentioned before - the pattern is just like the now famous Monkey Socks - but I found it in my Barbara Walker book - wierd huh?


I also picked up the long lost Celtic Cardigan - I looked at the cuff of the sleeves and decided they are way too big - I'm going to next temporarily attach the sweater parts and try it on for size...it's felt big for awhile. The thought of frogging the whole thing is sad - but I'd not wear it, so better deal with it now!


The best news of the week - Five Pounds Lost- yea for me! Luckily at this time of the year eating lots of veggies is pretty simple - walk outside and pick. For some reason this year I have a bumper crop of Tomatoes - oh too bad! They are so good! Lots of salad fixings, beans, cucs, corn, eggplant, onions, carrots, zucchini, its fun.


Hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful fall weather - not too hot, but still warm and comfortable!!


Knit Peace

2 comments:

Mary, Mary... said...

I love the socks, especially the b/w stripes. We used to live in the hills of Austin and had herds of deer as neighbors and flower munchers. That rainstorm looks exactly like what we've been dealing with all summer long--we're 20 inches over our average. Yikes.

roxie said...

Obviously your neighbors just got used to passing the bucks. The photos are wonderful! and the socks kick butt!

Which day will you be at OFFF?