Monday, May 08, 2006

Lace Help Help Help

OK - I'm a pretty good knitter - but I'm stumped now - The yarn and pattern I ordered from Allegro Yarn came today (I ordered it on Friday!) The yarn is a beautiful copper and very soft - but after a few tries I'm having problems - anyone have suggestions about what kind of needle to use knitting lace - this pattern calls for lace weight yarn, knit on 7 needles. I don't have anything pointy enough! And I've got to use markers - missing those YO!!!
I can do this, I can do this, I can do this......
Help!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can stand plastic needles, Bryspun have probably the best points ever. I just use jump rings for jewelry making when I need a lot of markers, or you can make little rings out of a contrasting colored yarn - cheap, and if you lose one you can make another!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Rubber o-rings from the hardward store work great also. Bryspun is good. I use plastic for lace. Not that I'm an experienced knitter of lace tho. Good luck with the new challenge!

Anonymous said...

I like Inox Grays for both lace and socks. But you have to look through the display for ones that are really pointy because it's not consistent. I agree that Bryspun would be my next choice. the Bryspun needles have great cables for lace, too. Very flexible.

The little rubber bands used on kid's braces make great markers. Very cheap, come in bright colors, and if necessary you can knit them right in and then cut them out later.